It’s finally October. Finally an acceptable time to decorate for fall! (Those who know me already know that I’ve had my house decorated for fall since August 31st.) October means FINALLY cooler weather! It’s 78 degrees out right now and I’m wearing UGG boots and a chunky sweater. Call me basic, but who cares… I am who I am.
Anyways, whenever I think of my favorite part of Fall, I reminisce of my childhood. My mom scouring the grocery ads for the best price on canned pumpkin. Mhmm, PUMPKIN BREAD. Sinking my teeth into the first bite of the season and the bread just melting in my mouth. I remember coming home from school knowing she made this recipe even before I walk into the house. The smell of pumpkin has me longing for another bite even after Fall is gone.
Today, my friends, I share with you our recipe. Advisory: You may become very selfish while consuming this bread and not want to share with anyone.
MOUTH WATERING PUMPKIN BREAD:
1- 1/4 cups of vegetable oil
1 can (15 ounces) solid packed pumpkin (I ALWAYS use Libbys )
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 packages Jello cook- and- serve VANILLA pudding mix
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt ( I use just a tad more)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add in oil and pumpkin; beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan ( I use a bundt cake pan).
- Bake for 55 minutes ( time will depend on efficiency of oven. I suggest checking bread after 45 minutes.)
- To check if loaf is done, place toothpick in center of pan. If it comes out clean.. your pumpkin bread is DONE!
- Let cool on wire rack
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional)
**TIP: you may want to cover edges with tin foil about 45 minutes in.
For muffins: bake for 25 minutes
Tell me, what fall recipe brings you back to your childhood? I’m always looking for new recipes to try! Comment below.
If you do try this recipe, comment below your thoughts!!
Until next time friends,
**Like this post? Follow me on my Instagram